Background 1

Saturday, July 2, 2011

....I'm a wimpy Michigan Boy....




I know that I can't complain about Michigan weather being hot, humid, nasty, sweaty....But I will appreciate those days now....because I have been put on Hell's grill! I snapped this photo of the temperature in our van once we got back to our hotel. We had just left the movie theater where took the boys to see Car's 2, and when we exited, it said it was 123 degrees. It cooled down to a "refreshing" 121 by the time we got back to our hotel.
Also, the boys like to eat....that is apparent! We drive by a McDonald's or Wendy's and it sounds like the birds from "Finding Nemo"! It's quiet, then all three boys in unison perk up and scream the name of the fast food establishment! They will adjust.

2 comments:

  1. My Brother and SIL live in Central CA. They call it a dry heat too. When ever they say that it reminds me of a comedian who says, "So is the inside of and oven but you don't see people picnicing there!" Good luck and stay cool. Can't wait to meet the boys at church.

    love and hugs,
    Jeff, Stacey and the "fab 5"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in Phoenix during our humid time of the year. This month and next are the worst by far. Oh, and the temperature reading is from the sun. It's not actually that hot. :-) It's a good idea to leave your windows slightly cracked when you park it.

    I do have a question though. Do you have contacts in adoption circles? My husband was just notified that there are 2-3 multi-ethnicity babies available that will be born soon that they haven't been able to place. The organization can be found at www.adoptionrocks.net. The babies are in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete