Background 1

Monday, April 25, 2011

The still voice within

There is a lot of controversy surrounding the existence of God let alone being able to hear His soft voice stir you from within. Having a fleshly mind also corrupts our inner spirit to really lock into what God is saying and doing in you life. I admittedly have struggled with that. But when we get to a place where His voice keeps encouraging us and pushing us to obey Him, we ought to listen. When we do, wonderful thing happen, and when we don't, well....the things of this world will trap us into doing things we ought not to do.
While we endure another adoption process, there is an array of emotions that go along with it. The stirring of God within us and really focusing in on his voice is what our goal really is. The mechanics of carrying out His will is secondary and really the easy part. Any bumps in the road that come along we turn the wheel over to God and say, "No what?". Then we wait for that still voice within to speak.
Even for Christians to understand what I am saying is difficult. Ethel and I are by no means perfect nor do we have the ability to command God to speak to us on our terms. What we have found is that we simply put ourselves out there for Him, open and willing to accept whatever He allows to come our way. Again, that still voice within guiding and directing. We just mechanically carryout the activities here on earth.
How does one go about "hearing" that still voice within? Hmmm...I can say that I honestly didn't really know what that was until I started reading scripture....yes, open up your Bible and read daily. When we start following what God's word is then He will stir us from within.
My whole post here is meant to help understand how we arrived at adopting two more boys who so desperately need a home. This is clearly my lot in life and I willingly put myself out there for God's use. I struggle and try to do my own thing, but that doesn't usually work to well for me. I always resort to God's truth in the scriptures and then focus in on that voice within. Let me put it this way; God is not going to provide His will for your life until you come to Him. He stirs you and molds you into something perfect in His eyes.
Remember yesterday? Easter? What is Easter really about? Yes, the world will tell you it's about how much candy we can hide in plastic eggs or it's about getting together with family, etc. Those are all fine things, but the focus is what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross. Yes, Jesus was a man AND GOD all in one who lived here on earth for a brief period of time. He was not just some great prophet or intelligent person or a made up person in the cute little book of life called the Bible. He is God's son who does make us perfect in God's eyes! And we need to celebrate that on Easter and every other day in the year as well. So when God stirs you from within, we should obey to the best of our abilities. Sure, you will mess up many times, but keep going....He's there at the finish line as well as the one holding you up through the race.

I've also attached an awesome sermon from the late S.M. Lockridge. All I can say is amazing......because this is as close of a reflection a human being can create to the sanctity of Christ....enjoy.

http://youtu.be/yzqTFNfeDnE

No comments:

Post a Comment