Background 1

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our New Lives....

We have been in our new house for almost two weeks.  It is so beautiful out here!  The few days of snow captivated me...our pond froze over; frost glistened off our barn; it is just gorgeous.

At this point, we are all living on the main floor except for the big girls.  Part of the basement is finished and they are sharing a room down there.  Most of the house is studded...just the family room and a small storage room needs more work.  Next Fred needs to finish up the electrical and insulation.  We are looking for drywall estimates and praying they are LOW!!!

School was back in session this week!  Even though we are living out of boxes mostly, it went well.  The best part has been reading Little House in the Big Woods while looking out at our property :)

It has been strange for me since we were in a subdivision before - I was so used to having neighbors around.  I totally think this is what God ordered for me.  My time seems much less divided and I am able to really focus on my kids even more....and listening to God.  Though it is different, it is good.

Thanks so much to all our volunteers helping us out!  We love you all!

1 comment: