Background 1

Sunday, July 17, 2011

LOVE - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE....

During our many attachment trials with Z-girl, it became apparent to me that she so desperately wanted to be covered in love.  Love, that at times, was hard for me to give.  Love that required more of me than I could muster up on my own.  Love that showed itself in constant discipline and boundaries, yet a constant reassurance of our commitment, mostly mine as the "mom", to her forever.

Through many scriptures and God using wonderful friends to speak to me, I really began to soak in the truth of Luke 9:23 "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."  I felt like so much was about me....what was I doing wrong?  Why couldn't I fix her problems?  Why wasn't God blessing me?  After all, we obeyed His words to us.  However, God wanted me to pick up that cross of parenting her daily...not weekly but daily.

Then the incredible truths poured out on me.  I began to really understand that I, alone, could NOT fix her.  She needed to be clothed in my love and I had to daily ask God to fill me up with the Holy Spirit to show her the love she needed.  The Spirit needed to fill me up so I could pour more out to Z-girl.

I know the boys will likely go through some of the same things Z-girl did...however, I feel so much more prepared now.  We already as a couple have begun praying against certain things that seem to fight to keep "orphans" in their state of rejection and abandonment.  And before they came to our family, I found a wonderful plaque that I hung right when I walk into the door.  It has the Fruit of the Spirit on it.  The word "love" is written very big also....a constant reminder to cover them in love. 

Abba Father, let us be a family that shows your love daily by our actions and words.  Let us break any strongholds in our own lives and those of our children.  You are our King and we are grateful to serve You alone!

-Pouring heaven into these kids - right Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!!! Right there with you :) Sometimes it is soo hard- mostly when it becomes about us, but when it becomes about God- HIS LOVE for them flowing through us.....awwww that is the Spirit working..... :)

    ReplyDelete