Background 1

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

GLIMPSES

Sometimes I see little glimpses of Z-girl, just being a typical little girl.  Yesterday was her birthday.  She was so excited!  I don't remember a day with so many smiles....so much joy.....just a six year old girl.

It is hard work parenting, understanding, digging through the trenches with children from hard places.  Then I get a little glimpse of her letting down her guard of control, fear, anger and building higher her blocks of trust.  Z-girl is able to love without fear, obey me without needing to control.  Ahhhh, progress!

Then I wonder, how often do I "control" what God tells me to do?  Obey him without question?  Love Him abundantly without fear?  Fear of what others may say....fear of what He is asking me to do and how much it could really hurt at times.....control over the slightest thing.  I guess His parenting of me can be as hard as mine here on earth.

Once in awhile however, I give Him a glimpse - a glimpse of an obedient, non-controlling child, releasing all my fears....every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment