Background 1

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Well, this shirt will be obsolete now!


Fred bought me this shirt almost two years ago.  I laughed when I opened it and said, "Do not put a number to the amount of children we will have.  Now we are going to have more!"  Of course, I was really joking.  Though we had a tremendous heart for adoption, seven kids felt pretty good.  It seemed right.

The last three years with Z-girl and JoJo had many issues.  They are a total blessing but God used them to sift a lot of my "junk" from my life.  I really thought I knew what I was doing.  However, struggling through behavior and attachment issues caused me cling to God and His ways.  It made me become more obedient to Him.

So, that is why we are on our next journey of adoption.  There are so many details about how we got to this point....probably too many.  This is complete obedience for us.  We are going to Ghana this time.  Hopefully, in God's time, two boys will be added to our family (we need to balance out the ratio here).  This time, I will be more patient, more laid back, more trusting of God.  Feel free to remind me of that when the trials and issues of the adoption process come about  :)


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you and all God has for you all!!! Excited to hear more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! your beautiful family is on my heart alot! Will be praying with you thru this journey!

    love and hugs,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love this! We look forward to following your journey! Which adoption agency are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I am so excited for you! And tell you from experience, that once you have been sifted, and you are doing it in response to obedience, the second time around is much easier!
    Blessings to you and your family,
    Stacy(in Colombia picking up our newest blessing!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you, congrats! I'll be praying for you along the way!

    ReplyDelete