Background 1

Friday, March 18, 2011

LIFE









Picture of JoJo - hopefully the snow will  be gone for good!



Why does life twist and turn so much?  Just when I think I have things figured out, something else comes along...more trust...more questions...more waiting.

I am finishing up a Bible study on Ruth by Kelly Minter.  Highly, highly suggest it....her life, determination, trust, obedience, and love hits home.  God's sovereignty is so evident.  He always has a plan and we want His plan - not ours.  Goodness - my plans have not turned out well!

So, we will continue down our path of adoption.  Fred and I both are in agreement that this is our calling from God and have let go of any preconceived notions about how many kids we "can" have....we will parent as many as God allows - truly blesses us with.  Unfortunately, we will have some opposition.  It hurts and confuses me.  Yet, I will cling to the one truth I am totally confident in; that being one day I hope to hear "Well done My good and faithful servant."  That is all that truly matters!

1 comment:

  1. Ethel,
    Just want to send a note of encouragement your way! Last week ( or maybe the week before:0)) we sang in church "if God is for us who can stand against??" You are truly following God's will in your life.... please don't let people who have not been called to walk your road be less than encouraging to you. I will pray that supportive people cross your path like crazy this week ( you may see a lot of us LOL!)
    Love and Hugs,
    Jeff, Stacey and the "fab 5"
    Jeremiah 29:11 and Isaiah 43:5-7

    ReplyDelete