Background 1

Thursday, June 16, 2011

UPDATE....

So, in the course of 24 short hours, I have gone from a momma of 7 to a momma of 10!!!!!  There are NOT words to describe what it has been like.

First of all, we have been blessed with so many kind words.  So many offers of help and love.  I am just amazed.

Secondly, we have raised about $4,000 already.  We are praying that things will keep going.  There is money in our paypal account from people I have never met....never heard of....they just felt moved by God to help our three boys.

We leave on Monday morning.  At this point, I cannot give many details but can give specific prayer requests.  Please pray for safe travels - I HATE PLANES!!  Second, pray for the helpers with our seven here and our babies.  They are all having a hard time with us leaving.  Z-girl and JoJo have never had us leave them like this.  And the other kids are feeling like it is Ethiopia all over again :(  Some sadness for them....

But most of all, please pray for our boys.  Pray for their families.  Pray for Fred and I to have the right words for them and the boys.  My heart breaks and the decision they are making right now.

And pray all the interstate paperwork goes through much quicker than they are saying.  I am not sure I want to be in Arizona for two weeks or more!  Not to mention that Fred cannot be gone from work that long....so picture Ethel, alone in AZ with three new boys, flying home alone!  Ya, for those of you that know me - you are laughing like crazy!

For now I am chanting this "I can do ALL things through Christ"  ALL NOT SOME!   Love you all, we really, really do!

11 comments:

  1. I am anxiously awaiting the time when you can dish on the details! I assumed these boys weren't from Ghana, but now I'm really curious! Blessings as you travel and prayers that all your financial needs will be met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    just donated a small sum to help bring your boys home.
    All the best,
    Rachel in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jill! I am praying for you like crazy! This is amazing how God is working! Can't wait to hear how the story unfolds. Blessings and prayers to you and your kids. May God grant you safe travel and a smooth transition. Love you and what you're doing for His kingdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what happens if the birth family changes their mind? Do you give the money back to everyone who has donated? And who's getting the money that's being donated? The agency or the birth family? What are the fees/costs really going towards? I think more people would donate if we had a tally of what the money was actually being used for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want you to know that you have been on my heart all day.....I am continually praying for you, for all the things you have mentioned! We know the battle belongs to the Lord and YES YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!!! Lifting you up to our Father!!!!!

    For those wondering the fees are for the agency that has been counseling the birth family, as well as for some agency fees- although they have trimmed it down Significantly! Also there are of course lawyers fees- which actually take up most of the cost. If something goes sideways which we are obviously PRAYING AGAINST!!! The agency rolls over any monies. Since the father has been in counseling for so long we are praying that he has made that decision in his heart that he knows to be good for the right reasons- even though I can't imagine the pain of it. Hope that helps.

    Believing with you and for you, and covering everything in prayer and petition before the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live in AZ. Is there anything we can do to help while you're here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will just give you my e-mail address here in case you think of anything you need. I'm assuming you're flying into Phoenix. We live about 2 hours north of Phx, but also have a 2nd home in the Phx area. You can contact me at chan.luna@lunags.com. We are also an adoptive family--3 from Korea, one from the states and 2 more on the way from Ethiopia. I found your link through the Wrights and I also follow "His Hands His Feet Today" and read about your little boys there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know when you have more details. You now have my cell phone, and e-mail at alzona@hotmail.com also works well. I think you'll find that when things are more set in stone we can get a lot of "boots on the ground" here in AZ on your behalf. Give me a holler when you know more about the specifics of your need: $$, housing, flights, carseats, transportation, etc.

    The Andersons

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!!!! Just found your blog from the deyoungs blog. SO excited you guys are adopting again!
    Nicole Ellens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nichole Ellens - that's my maiden name! lol!

    ReplyDelete